Barnegat Bay Marina has a long and distinguished history in the marina and boat building business. Opened in 1928 as a boat building business the marina has gone through several generations and 3 different owners. Ken Winters and his Winter’s Yacht Basin made the location famous with their renowned craftsman and impeccable work quality. The Hinckley Company purchased the property and used it as a service center for their Hinckley customers in the area. Hurricane Sandy directly hit the marina in 2012 and Hinckley never reopened the marina. In 2015 the marina was sold and the rehabilitation began. The work began by removing 17 buildings and replacing over 2500 feet of bulkhead. The entire site had to be raised to meet new flood regulations. Once the site was cleared the reconstruction of all dock and piers and site utilities began. As of today the Marina is back to serving customers with its brand new fuel dock, new slips and docks and new yard equipment. Barnegat Bay Marina is well on its way to returning to the premier marine facility and destination at the Jersey Shore.
History of Barnegat Bay Marina